Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hang Dog August

Hello again from the Missouri Ozarks!


I'm featuring one of my very favorite artisans, Mary Ann Varanelli of Best Friends Studios - BestFriendsStudios.etsy.com and www.BESTFRIENDSSTUDIOS.COM. She also has a wonderful blog that features helpful info, entertaining tidbits and fun products for pet lovers at http://bestfriendsstudios.blogspot.com/


Mary Ann is one of those very talented, knowledgeable people that is always ready to help others. When I first started my Etsy shop she not only bought my lampwork dogs to give as gifts, but also gave me invaluable suggestions, information, hints, and praise! I'm sure my early success was largely due to Mary Ann's generosity.




So! What does Mary Ann make? Beautiful 100% wool felt appliquèd Christmas ornaments depicting.....can you guess? Dog Breeds, of course!  Their eyes and noses are glass and she embellishes them with ribbon trim & a felted bead for hanging. They are lightly stuffed with eco-friendly fiberfill. The dimensions are around 4" x 6" making them perfect for the Christmas tree.


Mary Ann's creations have been featured on the Rachel Ray show and in the Dog City gift guide. Please visit her Etsy shop or website. You'll be happy you did!













 ********************

I promised to show you a little more of what I do with my torch. I really love going sea life lampwork beads, like crabs, lobsters, and  sea turtles. Sometimes I'll do sand dollars, star fish, and tropical fish, too!

suzoom.etsy.com

Oh, I don't want to forget my frogs...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/47216741/olive-and-lime-green-sea-turtle-lampwork
Gotta love a frog!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48246428/olive-green-frog-lampwork-pendant?ref=v1_other_1

1 comment:

  1. Love your beads - I've always been fascinated by lampwork, and you are good. And I can appreciate the workmanship and art of those dog ornies as well.

    ReplyDelete